Friday 14 October 2011

Cambridge half marathon in aid of cancer research

Hello there my fellow runners,


I posted on here earlier in the week about the 10k Bonfire burn race in Histon on the 6th November and I think a few members are up for it. Well another run has come to my attention, the Cambridge Half Marathon 2012. The run takes place on 11th March 2012 and the official charity is Cancer Research UK. It's the first half marathon to take place in cambridge for 17 years.


It starts out on Victoria Avenue, taking in some of Cambridge's beautiful landmarks, including the River Cam and Kings College, and cross over the finish line into Midsummer Common.



I'm not entirely sure if I'm off my rocker for considering it, but I want a goal to work towards and how great would it be! Soooo just wondering what your thoughts were? I'd love it if a few people were interested and we could work towards something. I still want to speak to our main man Alan about it, but early discussions with the lovely Nikki Nash suggest I might be able to rope her into it. 


Here's the link for more information. 


http://running.cancerresearchuk.org/events/cambridge-half-marathon


Love to hear from you,


Mikaela

No comments: